- Who we are
- The types of personal data we process
- How we collect your data
- For which purposes we use your data
- Disclosing or sharing data with third parties
- Security and retention
- International transfer of your data
- Your rights
- How we look after this policy
1. Who we are
We are Mitsubishi Logisnext Europe B.V. (‘MLE’), Hefbrugweg 77, 1332 AM Almere, the Netherlands. We are responsible for the processing of your personal data. MLE manages and controls the website, social media and the central customer database for EMEA. The data controller is hereinafter referred to as "MLE” or “we”. We can be reached via firstname.lastname@example.org. MLE is an international trading company combining the strengths and heritage of some of the world’s biggest names in engineering and technology.
2. The types of personal data we process
2.1. For the services we provide, we collect and process the following categories of personal data :
- Name, employer, job title and other identifying information. When you register for one of our online services we collect identifying information about you, such as the company you work for, your job title, your name, and other information we require for the specific service.
- Your phone number, email address, and other contact information. Your contact details may include your address, telephone number and email address, and other business contact details.
- Our communication with you. When you send us an email or communicate with us online or via social media, we register your communication with us.
- Information we collect when you use our websites, apps and other digital media.
- We may receive an automatic notification when you open our emails or click on a link in such emails.
- With your permission, we may also receive your location data.
- Information you share with us when you use one of our online services, such as on the MLE website. For example, your language and the time zone you live in.
- Information you choose to share with us. You may choose to share information with us, for example when you reply to one of our vacancies on the website and share your resume, fill out your email preferences, leave a comment for us on Facebook, or fill out a customer survey. We also collect the data you share with us via social media or online platforms, such as your opinions, your reviews on our products, your interests, or your familiarity with our brands.
3. How we collect your data
We collect the aforementioned categories of personal data in the following ways:
- We collect data you provide to us. When you place share personal preferences or reviews with us, or when you communicate with us via e-mail, online or social media, we collect data directly from you.
- We also receive data via our subsidiaries. For example, in the course of your business with our subsidiaries, we may receive your personal data.
- Sometimes, companies we co-operate with also share your data with us. Certain services are provided by us in co-operation with other companies (i.e. when we use recruitment agencies for acquiring new personnel). These companies share your personal data with us, if this is necessary for these services. We also share your personal information with these third parties (please see par. 'Disclosing or sharing data with third parties' below).
- Depending on your social network settings, we may receive information from your social network provider (please see above). For example, when you follow us via social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, we can receive personal data of these platforms related to your profile.
4. For which purposes we use your data
4.1. The main purposes for which we use your personal information are:
- To provide our services to you, including the execution of any agreement with you, or the legal entity you represent. For example, when you request information about our products or distributors or when you use one of our services, we process the data we need to fulfill your request. For example, we process the details about the company you work for, your (business) contact details, and order history.
- For the subscription to our newsletters and marketing emails. If we have collected your email-address in the course of doing business with you or if you subscribed to our newsletter yourself, we use your email-address to send you these newsletters.
- To communicate with you. If you sent us enquiries or complaints, we process your data for the purpose of responding to you and answer your enquiries.
- For statistical research
- General. We use automatic tools to perform statistical research into general trends regarding the use of our services, websites, apps and social media and the behavior and preferences of our customers and users.
- Legal basis - our legitimate interests in using your personal data for statistical research. We process your personal data for our legitimate interests to develop better services and offers for our customers, to improve our products, and to improve the design and content of our websites and mobile apps. In order to protect your privacy, we only use aggregated data that are disconnected from your name and email address. If you wish to receive the complete balancing test, please contact us via our contact data as stated below.
- Right to object. You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data for statistical research (please see below par. ‘Your rights’).
- To facilitate your application to one of our vacancies. When you apply to one of our vacancies we process the data you share with us, such as your motivation letter and resume.
- For record keeping and to comply with statutory obligations. We collect, store and use your data for internal business purposes, such as record keeping and to comply with our legal and fiscal obligations.
4.2. Legal basis. We collect, use and store your personal data to provide services, the execution of an agreement, to comply with the legal obligations we are subject to, if necessary for our legitimate interests or the interests of a third party or on the basis of your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by following the specific instructions in relation to the processing for which you provided your consent, by adjusting your settings (if available) or by contacting us (please see par. ‘Your rights’ below). If you refuse to provide personal data that we require for the performance of the contract or compliance with a legal obligation, we may not be able to provide all or parts of the services you have requested from us. For example, when you lost the order details of an order you placed in the past and refuse to provide information related to this order, we may not be able to provide you with a copy of the agreement because we are not able to find the order in our systems.
When we process your personal data for our legitimate interests or the interests of a third party, we have balanced these interests against your legitimate interests. Where necessary we have taken appropriate measures to limit implications and prevent unwarranted harm to you. Our legitimate interests may for example include security and safety purposes or to provide better services and offers to you. For more information on these interests, please see the purposes for which we process your personal data above. More information on the balancing tests we perform is available upon request. Where we process your personal data for our legitimate interests or the interests of a third party, you have the right to object at any time on grounds relating to your particular situation (please see par. "Your rights" below).
Where we process your personal data for a purpose other than that for which we collected it initially (and we rely on a legal basis other than consent or complying with legal obligations for this new purpose), we will ascertain whether processing for this new purpose is compatible with the purpose for which the personal data were initially collected. More information on this assessment is available upon request (please see par. Your rights below). Back to top
5. Disclosing or sharing data with third parties
5.1. General. As a general rule we do not sell or share your personal data with anyone outside MLE. However, we do disclose or share data with the following categories of recipients for the following purposes.
- Group companies When you use one of our services, it is possible that we share data with one of our group companies. For example, when you send us an e-mail about a subject that falls under the responsibility of one of our subsidiaries, we will forward your question to the correct subsidiary.
- For the support services we involve We use third parties to provide our services, such as IT suppliers, social network providers, marketing agencies, credit and charge card companies and anti-fraud screening service providers. All such third parties will be required to adequately safeguard your personal data and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
- Co-operation with third parties For the provision of certain services, we co-operate with other companies such as dealers and distributors. In the course of providing these services to you, we share your data with them. Please be aware that the companies we co-operate with, often also have their own privacy policies. For information on how these companies use your personal data, please see their privacy policies.
- Statistical research For statistical research we make use of third party software such as Google Analytics or social media platforms. These platforms also have access to the data they collect. For information on how these companies use your personal data, please see their privacy policies.
- Ownership of MLE changes If ownership of MLE changes as a result of a merger, acquisition, or a transfer, your personal data may be transferred to the successor entity.
5.2. Public authorities. If we are required to by law, we also collect and share your identifying information with public authorities or governmental organizations.
5.3. Third party websites. Our websites contain links to third-party websites; if you follow these links, you will exit our websites. While these third-party websites are selected with care, we cannot accept liability for the use of your personal data by these organizations. For more information, please consult the privacy statement of the website you are visiting (if such a statement is provided). Back to top
6. Security and retention
6.1. MLE will ensure that your personal data are properly secured using appropriate technical and organizational measures, so that they are protected against unauthorized or unlawful use, alteration, unauthorized access or disclosure, accidental or wrongful destruction, and loss.
7. International transfer of your data
7.1. MLE may transfer your personal data to countries other than your country of residence (including countries outside the European Economic Area). This occurs in the course of providing your services or because our group companies, partners or service providers have operations in countries across the world. The laws of these countries may not afford the same level of protection to your personal data. The European Commission has determined that certain countries outside the European Union offer an adequate level of data protection (see article 45 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). You can find an overview of these countries here.
7.2. MLE will ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to comply with the requirements for the international transfer of personal data under applicable privacy laws. For transfers of personal data outside the European Economic Area, MLE may use Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses as safeguards (see article 46 GDPR). Back to top
8. Your rights
8.1. You may contact MLE (please see below) to exercise any of the rights you are granted under applicable data protection laws, which includes (1) the right to access your data, (2) to rectify them, (3) to erase them, (4) to restrict the processing of your data, (5) the right to data portability and (6) the right to object to processing.
- Right to access You may ask us whether or not we process any of your personal data and, if so, receive access to that data in the form of a copy. When complying with an access request, we will also provide you with additional information, such as the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned as well as any other information necessary for you to exercise the essence of this right.
- Right to rectification You have the right to have your data rectified in case of inaccuracy or incompleteness. Upon request, we will correct inaccurate personal data about you and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, complete incomplete personal data, which may include the provision of a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure You also have the right to have your personal data erased, which means the deletion of your data by us and, where possible, any other controller to whom your data has previously been made public by us. Erasure of your personal data only finds place in certain cases, prescribed by law and listed under article 17 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This includes situations where your personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the initial purposes for which they were processed as well as situations where they were processed unlawfully. Due to the way we maintain certain services, it may take some time before backup copies are erased.
- Right to restriction of processing You have the right to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal data, which means that we suspend the processing of your data for a certain period of time. Circumstances which may give rise to this right include situations where the accuracy of your personal data was contested but some time is needed for us to verify their (in)accuracy. This right does not prevent us from continue storing your personal data. We will inform you before the restriction is lifted.
- Right to data portability Your right to data portability entails that you may request us to provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have such data transmitted directly to another controller, where technically feasible. Upon request and where this is technically feasible we will transmit your personal data directly to the other controller.
- Right to object. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, which means you may request us to no longer process your personal data. This only applies in case the ‘legitimate interests’ ground (including profiling) constitutes the legal basis for processing (see par. ‘Legal basis’ above). At any time and free of charge you can object to direct marketing purposes in case your personal data are processed for such purposes, which includes profiling purposes to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. In case you exercise this right, we will no longer process your personal data for such purposes.
8.3. Under conditions we are entitled to deny or restrict your rights as escribed above. In any case, we will carefully assess whether such an exemption applies and inform you accordingly. We may, for example, deny your request for access when necessary to protect the rights and freedoms of other individuals or refuse to delete your personal data in case the processing of such data is necessary for compliance with legal obligations. The right to data portability, for example, does not apply in case the personal data was not provided by you or if we process the data not on the basis of your consent or for the performance of a contract.
8.4. When you would like to exercise your rights, all you have to do is send your request to MLE:
+31 (0)36 5494 411
8.5. You can change communication preferences and unsubscribe from our commercials emails and push notifications any time You can unsubscribe from our newsletters, or any other commercial emails and mobile push notifications with updates any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email, by adjusting your communication preferences in your account (if available), by changing your smart phone settings (for mobile push notifications) or by contacting our Contact person.
9. How we look after this policy